Thursday, October 2, 2008

He Pervades the Earth and Transcends it


Baba as a dog and sickly Sudra:


Kasinath Govind Upasani Maharaj (KGU) who lived at Shirdi in 1911-14, prepared his food which a black dog was watching. Offering nothing to the dog, KGU went to the masjid and offered it to Baba.


Baba: Why did you bring it here, I was there.


KGU: Baba, there was nothing, except a black dog.


Baba: I was that black dog.


Baba refused to accept food that day.


Next day KGU prepared his meal at his quarters and found no dog there. But a sicky Sudra was standing leaning on a wall and looking him away from that place and brought the food to Saibaba.


Saibaba: Yesterday you didn't offer me food. today also you drove me away. Why bring food here?


KGU: Where were you Baba?


Saibaba: I was leaning on the wall.


KGU: What! could you be in such a person?


Saibaba: Yes I am in all things and beyond.


"He pervades the earth and transcends it" – Purusha Sukta.

No comments: