Friday, June 19, 2009

GREAT PRAYER QUOTES - 14

I do believe we're all connected. I do believe in positive energy. I do believe in the power of prayer. I do believe in putting good out into the world. And I believe in taking care of each other.  - Harvey Fierstein

I don't know whether I believe in God or not. I think, really, I'm some sort of Buddhist. But the essential thing is to put oneself in a frame of mind which is close to that of prayer. - Henri Matisse

I first began to read religious books at school, and especially the Bible, when I was eleven years old; and almost immediately commenced a habit of secret prayer.  - Francis W. Newman

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.  - Voltaire

I have only ever made one prayer to God, a very short one: O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous. And God granted it.  - Voltaire

I know no words of prayer - God help me because I can not help myself.  - Harold E. Hughes

I mean, George Bush is a man of prayer. He talks to the lord. He tries to get his direction from the lord.  - Pat Robertson

I pray for miracles. I have always found prayer to bring quick results.  - Martha Reeves

I read a poem every night, as others read a prayer.  - Tahar Ben Jelloun

I sang at the Inaugural prayer service at the National Cathedral.  - Michael W. Smith

 

I used a lot of pancake makeup and a prayer, and a Buddhist chant.  - Steven Cojocaru

I'll do a little prayer here and there if I feel the need to.  - Jeff Gordon

I'll tell you right now. I'm for prayer in school.  - Kinky Friedman

I'm for prayer in schools.  - Charles Evers

If any of you should ask me for an epitome of the Christian religion, I should say that it is in one word - prayer. Live and die without prayer, and you will pray long enough when you get to hell.  - Charles Spurgeon

If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough.  - Meister Eckhart

If we really want to achieve true prayer, we must turn our backs upon everything temporal, everything external, everything that is not divine.  - Johannes Tauler

In a world of prayer, we are all equal in the sense that each of us is a unique person, with a unique perspective on the world, a member of a class of one.  - W. H. Auden

In Lincoln's day a President's religion was a very private affair. There were no public prayer meetings, no attempts to woo the Religious Right. Few of Lincoln's countrymen knew anything at all of his religious beliefs.  - David H. Donald

In our home there was always prayer - aloud, proud and unapologetic.  - Lyndon B. Johnson

In prayer it is better to have a heart without words than words with out a heart.  - John Bunyan

In prayer it is better to have a heart without words than words without a heart.  - Mohandas Gandhi

In the Lord's Prayer, the first petition is for daily bread. No one can worship God or love his neighbor on an empty stomach.  - Woodrow Wilson

Intercessory prayer might be defined as loving our neighbour on our knees.  - Charles Bent

It is a common temptation of Satan to make us give up the reading of the Word and prayer when our enjoyment is gone; as if it were of no use to read the Scriptures when we do not enjoy them, and as if it were no use to pray when we have no spirit of prayer.  - George Muller

It is clear that he does not pray, who, far from uplifting himself to God, requires that God shall lower Himself to him, and who resorts to prayer not to stir the man in us to will what God wills, but only to persuade God to will what the man in us wills.  - Saint Thomas Aquinas

It is my fervent hope and prayer that by exposing my mistakes and by pointing out the things that were a part of my early life, some who might be following the same paths might not make those same mistakes.  - John Clayton

No comments: