Tuesday, August 25, 2009

HALF A SHAWL ON LORD

HALF A SHAWL ON LORD
 
 
A disciple of Sri Krishna ventured out on a cold, wintry night. On the way, he found a beggar, without any clothes on his body.

 

"I am shivering in the cold," cried the beggar. "Will you not, in the name of Sri Krishna, give me a garment with which I may cover my body and save myself from this intense cold?"

 

The disciple was wearing a shawl. "This shawl can be cut into two," he said himself. "One half of this I can give to this poor man, the other half is sufficient to protect me from this biting cold."

 

So thinking, he took of his shawl, tore it into two, gave one half of the shawl to the poor man and wore the other half himself.

 

On that very night, he had a dream, in which he saw Sri Krishna wearing only half a shawl.

 

Astonished, he asked, "Master, how is it that You have put on only half a shawl?"

 

Sri Krishna said to him, "This is all that you gave me!"
 
 
 
 
 
 
.

 

No comments: